*** Covid-19 Update*** Updated 19th February 2022
Although we are continuing with our enhanced cleaning regime, we have decided to re-introduce some of the items which we previously removed back into the cottage as we feel these provide added comfort for our guests.
*** Covid-19 Update*** Updated 29th October 2021
Here at The Old Forge, the safety of both our guests and our staff is paramount.
We have always prided ourselves on maintaining an extremely high standard of cleanliness, but the Covid-19 pandemic situation demands even stricter procedures and prior to re-opening we reviewed how we could make staying at The Old Forge as safe as possible. We will continue to work to these standards for the foreseeable future.
What have we been doing to ensure that we are ready to receive guests?
- We have been awarded the Visit Britain 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard mark. Acquiring this means that we have followed Government & Hospitality Industry guidelines, have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness & aid social distancing.
- We have also been awarded the AA Covid Confident Accreditation which means we have social distancing and safety measures in place, we follow government and industry guidelines for COVID-19 and have signed up to the AA COVID Confident Charter meaning that our opening status is Open - 'the new normal'
- All our staff have also undertaken a Covid-19 Holiday Let Cleaning Course.
What changes are we making?
- We have carried out Risk Assessments & introduced more stringent cleaning protocols to ensure that you can relax & enjoy your stay safe in the knowledge that everything possible has been done to reduce the risk. You can view our Risk Assessments & Cleaning Protocols on our Documents page.
- We are changing our check-in and check-out times to 16:00 and 09:00 in order to give us the extra time to carry out these procedures.
- We have introduced contact free check-in, with guest keys available in a lock box. This is not to say that we will not be around to assist you if needed, or have a chat when we see you, we will just maintain social distancing.
- We have produced a Digital Handbook with all the information you need to make the most of your stay.
- We have removed some unnecessary items from the cottage to reduce the amount of cleaning we need to carry out, but some items can still be provided on request.
- We are providing anti-bacterial hand-wash at every sink.
What are we asking you to do before you arrive?
- We are asking all guests to ensure that they are fit & well to travel. Please DO NOT TRAVEL if any of the following apply to you or any member of your party:
- You are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19
- You have tested positive for Covid-19 during the previous 10 days.
- You are self-isolating for symptomatic reasons.
- You have been knowingly in contact with a person who has been tested positive for Covid-19 during the previous 1 days.
- You are not part of the ‘Track and Trace’ NHS system.
What are we asking you to do once you arrive?
- We are asking guests to check in a little later than usual after 16:00 to give us extra cleaning time.
- We are asking that you wash your hands regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds particularly after re-entering the property after you have been out.
- On check out day we are asking that you please strip the beds and place the top layer of bed linen in the blue zipped bags provided. We also ask that you place all used towels in the white laundry bags provided. Please also bag up all rubbish and place in the wheelie bin provided.
- We are asking guests to check out a little earlier than usual before 09:00 on departure day and to open all windows in order to aid ventilation of the property.
These measures are being introduced to ensure the safety of you, our staff and our next guests, so we thank you for your co-operation.